Retrieval and Dissemination of Information
organized in conjuction with
The 24th Panhellenic Conference on Informatics (PCI 2020)
20 to 22 November, 2020
University of West Attica, Greece
Christos Skourlas (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of West Attica, Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering
Nikitas Karanikolas (email@example.com), University of West Attica, Department of Informatics and Computer Engineering
As mobile devices are enhanced continuously with more resources, wireless infrastructures provide support to a growing number of specific purpose environments. Advances on sensor technology, wireless environments, Information Retrieval, Personalization, and Content Based Image Retrieval introduce new possibilities in various sectors, realizing the anytime-anywhere access to multimedia information. This Special Session investigates Retrieval and Dissemination of Information (text and image) in various environments. Special attention is given for Secure, Distributed and Wireless specific purpose Environments.
The RDI session aims at providing researchers and professionals with an insight on:
Wireless architectures to enable authorized users to access sensitive information in a secure and transparent manner.
Policy-based architectures utilizing wireless sensor devices, advanced network topologies and software agents.
Applications related to remote monitoring of patients, elderly people, etc.
Evaluation and Integration of Information Retrieval and Personalization techniques.
Text Retrieval, and Content Based Image Retrieval techniques.
Classification based on various techniques e.g. neural network techniques, fuzzy techniques, and its applications.
Summarization techniques and applications.
Big Data methodologies, techniques and applications.
Paper contributions from the industry, government, business, academia and research are expected.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Security issues in IT applications. Benchmarks and evaluation of the applications
- Specific purpose Wireless architectures
- Agent based architectures. Transparent Information transfer using intelligent agents.
- Authentication and information access and retrieval in ad-hoc networks and self-organized networks
- Policies and policy-based architectures
- Novel methods for Text Retrieval, personalization, and Content Based Image Retrieval and application in specific purpose environments
- Transparent and secure communication in distributed environments
- Advanced remote medical treatment services through pervasive environments- Remote monitoring of patients and elderly people
- Neural network techniques and its applications e.g. SVM based systems that support diagnosis
Publication - Paper formating - Submission
Papers will be published in ICPS Series, published by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library. The ISBN for the PCI 2020 proceedings is 978-1-4503-8897-9.
Papers should be at most 6 pages in length.
RDI papers must be submitted to the EasyChair submission platform following the same submission and formatting guidelines as all other PCI 2020 submissions.
The submissions should be typeset using the templates of the ACM International Conference Proceedings Series (ICPS).
The EasyChair submission platform is here.
- The Microsoft Word Submission Template could be retrieved from here.
- The LaTeX Master Article Template could be retrieved from here.
Make sure to select the correct category "Retrieval & Dissemination of Information".
|Full length paper submission:|| |
till Monday, October 12, 2020
|Notification of decision: || |
October 20, 2020
|Camera-ready: || |
November 5, 2020
RDI 2020 Programm Committee (under construction, to be confirmed)
- Ioannis Chalaris, University of West Attica
- Dimitris Dervos, International Hellenic University
- Eleni Galiotou, University of West Attica
- Vassilis Kaburlasos, International Hellenic University
- Thedore Kalamboukis, Athens University of Economics and Business
- Anastasios Kesidis, University of West Attica
- Gérard Ligozat, Em. Professor, Université Paris-Sud (XI)
- Vassilios Mamalis, University of West Attica
- Catherine Marinagi, Agricultural University of Athens
- José Francisco Aldana Montes, University of Malaga, Spain
- George Paliouras, NHRF “Demokritos”
- Stelios Papadakis, Hellenic Mediterranean University
- Demosthenis Stamatis, International Hellenic University
- Vasilis Tampakas, University of Peloponnesse
- Michael Vassilakopoulos, University of Thessaly
For more information on how to submit, how to prepare the Camera Ready version, registration, etc. visit the following PCI 2020 pages: